Towing has become a very broad term as it includes plenty of roadside services. It is not limited to pulling or towing a vehicle from one point to another. Towing is not a layman job. It requires highly trained professionals, trucks, and equipment. Here are some very useful towing tips which must be followed to ensure safety and convenience.
1. Weight comparison must be made to ensure that the lead vehicle is heavier than the vehicle being towed. It is not recommended to pull out a vehicle which is relatively heavier.
2. It is advisable to use reliable recovery strap. Some of the kinds of straps or chains can prove to be dangerous. It is better to make towing as safe as possible.
3. Never Attach vehicles with vehicle components other than tow hooks or properly designed recovery devices. Some vehicles do have tow hooks that made pulling out easier and safe
4. Do not carry out towing processes if you have doubts in your minds. The safe decision can be made by studying the manufacturer guide.
5. Vehicle recovery on busy roads is very risky. Only certified technicians can perform roadside recovery services in a secure manner.
6. Make sure that you don’t use inappropriate equipment that is not certified and outdated. If you think that you lack dependable equipment, contact a professional service to save money and d
7. Clear and clean all kind of mud and dust on tow trucks as dirt can make it easy for tires to slip.
8. Do not use a shackle to tie together two straps. A strap failure can damage both vehicles involved in a towing process.
9. There must be a proper communication between both drivers performing a pull-out.
10. Start pulling out a stuck vehicle with a speed slowly increasing. A jerk can break the strips.
11. Remove and untie all towing equipment only after the both vehicles are stopped. A Minor mistake can cause a lot of problems.
12. Perform roadside services only if you have proper training and authorization. An inexperienced driver can worsen the situation for you.
13. Do not exceed the limits in term of weight and pulling capacity mentioned in the user guide.
14. One of the most important tips is that you should call a roadside assistant to help you out quickly. It is fine to perform minor roadside assistance on a busy road.