What’s one of the most important truck upgrades for off-road or work use? Off-road enthusiasts know that one of the singular, most important upgrades for trucks is adequate lighting and visibility. Some truck owners like to take their vehicles off-roading on uncharted terrain or use their trucks for work related purposes. In times like this, lighting apparatuses need to be up to par and at their best capacity since it’s extremely important that the driver be able to see in unsafe conditions. Oftentimes, stock truck lighting is not enough to be the only source of lighting in some more dangerous conditions. This is where aftermarket LED lighting comes in, with a more superior output and higher end emitters that can function as adequate lighting.
LED pod lights are a very popular choice for truck owners because they can be easily and safely installed without being too obtrusive. Rather than have a huge lighting kit that could block the visibility of other drivers on the road and be a potential driving hazard, these little cube shaped lights can be fastened on the front or rear of the truck. This produces a spotlight effect that is akin to the output that a lighthouse can provide. These LED kits can stick out from the vehicle or they can be flush mounted into the bumper to leave a smooth, OEM style look. This is great for people who like to have a more factory styled look and have the assembly blend in to look more suave.
These LED pod light kits are great for a number of vehicles, including Jeep, 4×4, ATV, boats and much more. If you feel like you need more lighting to help you see, then these LED pod light kits are definitely a must-have as an upgrade. The aftermarket assemblies are a great way to get a bit of an updated look without having to shell out money for an OEM part or even a new off-road vehicle. Lighting gear is an important component for all things with wheels so it makes sense that you would want the best and the brightest. Since these aftermarket parts are only a fraction of what it costs from the factory, there’s no need to compromise safety or style based on a budget. There’s no need to choose between price or safety since the aftermarket LED pod lights are extremely affordable and do an excellent job of illuminating the road.
Are you in the market for a used truck but don’t know where to begin? Not to worry! Check out these tips to make buying your next vehicle a quick and easy transaction.
1. Do your research on the make and model that will best suit your needs. Used trucks span the gamut when it comes to makes, models, and extras, so make sure that you have your list of deal-breakers and must-haves before you start visiting dealerships. Having a list of desired features will help weed out trucks that don’t fit your needs and reduce feeling overwhelmed by all of the options.
2. Decide on a budget and stick to it. It can be incredibly easy to get talked into something extravagant, especially since there are so many cool features available for an additional cost. The firmer you are with your budget, the better prepared you’ll be to negotiate with the seller.
3. If you’re going to a lot, try to go towards the end of the month. This old adage is true. Dealers are willing to negotiate more towards the end of the month than the beginning because they are under more pressure to meet their sales quotas. However, it’s better to begin your search during the beginning and middle of the month, but only make your final offer at the end of the month. Before making this big investment, it’s always good practice to take your time, figure out your options, and then make an offer when the dealers are the most willing to make compromises.
4. Always take the automobile to a mechanic before purchasing. If you’ve got a good mechanic that you trust, your hunt for the best used trucks is a lot easier. They’ll be able to run diagnostic tests and give you their professional assessment on whether or not your new-to-you used truck is in excellent condition. If you don’t have a mechanic of your own, search review sites for a qualified, certified technician. Don’t take the word of a mechanic referred to you by the seller, as they may not have your best interests at heart.
5. Invest in your new purchase. While you may have saved a bundle on your used truck, remember that investing in maintenance and care now can save you even more down the road. Regular tune-ups, oil changes, and better tires can help reduce wear and tear on your vehicle and will help it last even longer. Make sure to keep a record of any type of maintenance completed or any warranties that are still active, so that you’ll be prepared if any mishaps occur.
Trucks are popular all over the world for various reasons. They carry heavy loads, store lots of cargo and can tackle all kinds of terrain. If you are looking to buy a good heavy duty truck, you will have to keep a few factors in mind. Below are some of them that may help you buy the right truck.
If you are not looking for a truck with bigger cabs, you can go for one with enough space for two individuals: the driver and the passenger. On the other hand, if you are in need of a good deal of cargo space, a standard cab truck would be the ideal choice for you, but a bigger cab will be better should you want to accommodate more passengers.
2. Engine size
Keep in mind that bigger engines won’t necessarily be good. for day to day commute, you can opt for a powerful 4-cylinder engine. This option will save you gas as well as money. For heavier loads, you may want to buy a bigger engine. For instance, you will need a V6 to tow a big trailer or boat.
So, make sure you know what you need a truck for. Smaller trucks won’t take the place of bigger ones. Also, the bigger the engine, the costlier it will be.
Actually, this decision is based on two factors: the way you drive and the weather. if you are going to drive the truck in an area that gets a lot of rain and snow, you should go for a 4×4 truck. But keep in mind that this type of truck will burn more gas, but will save you from all the hassle during a bad day.
4. Transmission type
If you are going to drive your truck on roads with lots of traffic, an automatic transmission will save you a lot of hassle., as you won’t need to do a lot shifting. on the other hand, if traffic is low where you are going to drive your truck, you can do with a manual transmission as well.
Most of the trucks of today feature an automatic transmission, but you can find one with a little bit of research.
5. Camper shell
If you need a truck to transport big stuff in the bed, you might want to go for a camper shell. This will help you prevent theft and keep all the stuff inside the truck safe from the weather. The stuff could be furniture or other heavy items that can get damaged in rain, for instance. This type of trucks will cost you a bit more, though.
So, if you are looking at a truck to buy, make sure you have taken into account all of the factors shelled out above. After all, you don’t want to make this heavy investment and regret this decision for years to come. Therefore, you should do a lot of thinking before making this purchase.
ump trucks are very useful at construction sites because they can be used for various tasks that vary from hauling to excavation. To get the best truck you must start by thinking about your needs and then looking at the basic parameters that matter so you are able to make a final choice that is suitable enough. When you understand important checks, you can be sure to buy a dump truck that is perfect whether you are a new shopper or you have some experience in buying the trucks.
1. Truck type – Dump trucks come in different types and each has uses and can also have some limitations. Standards trucks have a chassis with a dump bed attached as well as a vertical hydraulic lift located at the bulkhead. They have a front axle and additional ones on the rear part and they offer good maneuverability but not that good on soft soil. The other truck types are side dump trucks with limited maneuverability and transfer trucks. Know the types and relate them to your needs before you choose the most suitable one for your needs.
2. Carrying capacity – Volume and weight are what makes the carrying capacity because the final payload can also include moisture. Remember that truck that can handle heavy loads can be great, but they might face restrictions in some areas.
3. The body – Steel and aluminum are the most common materials used in making dump truck bodies. The type of job that you want to perform using the truck can help you make a good body material choice. Steel is loved for being extremely strong and it fits jobs that need heavy materials, oversized loads and rubble to be carried. Aluminum boxes on the other hand weigh less and can reduce fuel cost and it is also strong but it is expensive. Still on the body, ensure it is leveled with no sagging bends and the bed should be able to lift downwards and upwards smoothly.
4. The brake system – Dump trucks can have air brakes or hydraulic brakes. Heavier trucks are better off with air brakes because they have the robust stopping power as they work and even when they fail compared to hydraulic braking systems. For instance, a leak in air brake lines decreases air pressure and activates brakes at wheels, thus bringing the truck to a safe stop compared to leaks in a hydraulic system, brake line where fluid pressure can go down and create pressure on brake pads which eventually amounts to lost braking power and this reduces the ability of the truck to stop in the same distance.
5. Customization possibilities – Customizing a dump truck can make your tasks when using it easier. Consider how possible this is before buying your truck so you can have any additional features such as wider steps and storage boxes included to suit your job requirements. When buying from manufacturers it is very easy to have a dump truck designed to suit your needs and have all important features included for the same convenience.
Bed Liner comes in different shapes and sizes. It is made to protect the flooring of the truck bed which is quite similar to what floor mats and liners do for other vehicles. This automotive accessory is essential to use especially if you often put load on the bed. The bed’s floor can be ruined by dirt, grime and liquid so it would need an extra protection to retain its good condition. It can also prevent your gears and loads from shifting or slipping when you hit the brakes.
Before you buy a bed liner for your truck, there are some differences you’ll need to take note first. Would you want a BedTred or BedRug? They have the similar purpose of protecting the truck bed, but let us know the differences between the two.
Which bed liner works best for your truck?
BedRug and BedTred are actually made by the same brand called BedRug, which is the company behind the popular truck bed liners and mats.
– BedTred Pro Truck Bed Liner
BedTred is molded from quarter-inch thick thermoplastic olefin composite which provides a spray-in liner look with a drop-in mat convenience. It is also bonded with water-resistant closed-cell foam to prevent liquid and other substances to leak onto bed flooring.
This product is great if you’re loading heavy loads which can cause dents and gashes in your truck bed. It provides a heavy-duty protection to the bed but it’s not recommended if you’re loading up delicate cargo such as furniture, electronics, sports equipment or even pets. It has no skid resistance so your cargo will crash toward the tailgate or slide forward toward the cab if you hit the brakes. Kids are also not recommended to sleep on this liner because it might scrape their knees because of the hard abrasive surface. It covers the floor, sides, wheel wells and tailgate of your truck. It is custom made for specific trucks to ensure it will fit directly to the bed.
– BedRug Bed Mat
This one is made from thick, carpet-like foam unlike the all-plastic materials from the BedTred. It is great to use if you need an extra protection on the bed but with a luxurious feel. It is created with non-abrasive to prevent any scratch on the finish of your truck.
It provides an impact absorbing barrier to grip and hold the cargo in place during transport. It has a foam floor and plastic fiber surface that works as an anti-slip material. It cushions your valuable load and has knee-friendly surface that is smooth and comfortable compared to BedTred. It is also made for specific vehicle to guarantee that it will fit properly onto the bed and can be installed without drilling holes.
BedRug and Bedtred have its differences but have the same purpose to provide protection to the truck bed. Both products are constructed using superior materials with superb craftsmanship to ensure its durability and quality. Select the best liner that will suit your preference and needs. The bed liners are custom-formed to the truck bed to guarantee a flawless fit and hassle-free installation
Keeping up with the changing trends of working in the trucking industry, including flatbed transportation, the technological aspect of the services continues to change accordingly. This could be seen in the changes happening in the structure and management of freight broker businesses with the introduction of technological advances. And the continuous shifts in the industry make it necessary to rethink our models of business.
On-demand trucking continues to be a trailblazer among heavy equipment shippers and others in the trucking industry due to the possibility of logging onto a website and select a shipper themselves. In spite of this technology still in its nascent stage, the industry considers that companies that use on-demand trucking websites would find the technology as an efficient way to find a shipper instantly along with pricing estimate for providing the services and the ability of online tracking of their shipment in real-time.
What Will Be The Position Of Freight Brokers
Although some freight brokers are worried about this new technology of on-demand trucking services that are available online, there is no need for brokers to be concerned about this new technology if they continue to provide high quality and efficient services at reasonable prices.
Some section of people has the view that the increase in use of on-demand trucking sites is due to companies becoming frustrated with an inordinate delay in finding freight brokers for secure shipments. A report suggests that the reason for businesses shifting to on-demand trucking tools is due to the fast processing that is found using the technology which is an important consideration for any business. This factor of speed was not met effectively by freight brokers who used the traditional method of services.
Yet another reason for businesses in moving to on-demand trucking is the possibility of inflated prices that are charged by freight brokers. Although global supply chain experts with many years of experience might be in a better position to charge a fair price for shipment, there are many small businesses that do not have a thorough understanding of trucking business. Even when the freight cost charged is in line with the common practice, these small businesses become skeptical about the cost they are paying to brokers.
So how is the average freight broker going to be affected by on-demand trucking services? The best solution for these brokers would be to quote a fair price for the services and ensure fast delivery of the shipment. However, it is imperative for the brokers to keep up with the changing technologies in the industry as well as the business models. To remain a successful entrepreneur, one needs to embrace the newer technology in spite of new tools and developments bringing changes in the industry. In case you’re interested in knowing more info on car towing dublin, stop by towing247.ie
The history of a tipper truck, a vehicle that is considered to be indispensable for bulk cargo haulage, started in the first quarter of the 20th century.
Traditionally, tippers are divided into 2 types according to the body configuration that influences the scale of its operation.
The trucks that belong to the first type (known as standard) empty their beds at the rear of the vehicle. The mechanism includes the hinges, mounted at the rear end of the chassis, and a single massive hydraulic ram, fixed under the front of the body. The hinges hold down the bed and allow it to be raised vertically, while the hydraulic ram provides enough force to lift the bed at a steep angle.
Standard tippers can be successfully used on condition that the sites have plenty of space around. While the dump bed is unloaded only through its rear end, operators need to maneuver to find the right position for unloading.
When the location is space-limited, it’s reasonable to take advantage of a three-way tipper that represents the second common type of tipper trucks. As it comes from the name of the category, the three-way structure allows a vehicle to be unloaded on three sides: the rear, right and left. The exterior design of this type is similar to the previous one. Bulk material is transported in a metal box and stability is provided by a reinforced frame. The difference lies underneath the dump bed. The unloading options are possible due to four hydraulic rams, equipped with cross joints to arrange movement. Lifting two of the hydraulic rams from the right side of the chassis allows the bed to tilt to its left and vice versa. And tilting the bed to its rear is performed by those two hydraulic rams that are fixed behind the cab.
According to practical applications tippers are divided into road network models and off-road versions. The latter category includes regular-sized trucks, heavy dump trucks (also called as haul trucks) to serve in high-production mining and heavy-duty industrial environments, and articulated haulers to transport loads over the roughest terrain.
The latest innovations in the development of tipper trucks are topical for mining industry. The largest truck manufacturers are involved in the R&D project intended to promote the use of autonomous mining tippers and boost business advantages.
The innovated trucks are fully fitted out construction vehicles, able to navigate and operate with entire autonomy both above and underground. GPS technology and numerous sensors permit continuous reading of surroundings, navigating obstacles (either fixed or movable) and gathering other necessary data to determine route sand ensure traffic safety. On top of that, the system makes it possible to plan a route ahead of schedule and to change it automatically on the move in case of a suddenly arisen need for revision.
The project is claimed to improve productivity and fuel economy in the mining sphere and to perfect autonomous technologies before expanding its use on public roads. Trying to find chip bestchip ? Check out this page: https://bestchip.no
Towing has become a very broad term as it includes plenty of roadside services. It is not limited to pulling or towing a vehicle from one point to another. Towing is not a layman job. It requires highly trained professionals, trucks, and equipment. Here are some very useful towing tips which must be followed to ensure safety and convenience.
1. Weight comparison must be made to ensure that the lead vehicle is heavier than the vehicle being towed. It is not recommended to pull out a vehicle which is relatively heavier.
2. It is advisable to use reliable recovery strap. Some of the kinds of straps or chains can prove to be dangerous. It is better to make towing as safe as possible.
3. Never Attach vehicles with vehicle components other than tow hooks or properly designed recovery devices. Some vehicles do have tow hooks that made pulling out easier and safe
4. Do not carry out towing processes if you have doubts in your minds. The safe decision can be made by studying the manufacturer guide.
5. Vehicle recovery on busy roads is very risky. Only certified technicians can perform roadside recovery services in a secure manner.
6. Make sure that you don’t use inappropriate equipment that is not certified and outdated. If you think that you lack dependable equipment, contact a professional service to save money and d
7. Clear and clean all kind of mud and dust on tow trucks as dirt can make it easy for tires to slip.
8. Do not use a shackle to tie together two straps. A strap failure can damage both vehicles involved in a towing process.
9. There must be a proper communication between both drivers performing a pull-out.
10. Start pulling out a stuck vehicle with a speed slowly increasing. A jerk can break the strips.
11. Remove and untie all towing equipment only after the both vehicles are stopped. A Minor mistake can cause a lot of problems.
12. Perform roadside services only if you have proper training and authorization. An inexperienced driver can worsen the situation for you.
13. Do not exceed the limits in term of weight and pulling capacity mentioned in the user guide.
14. One of the most important tips is that you should call a roadside assistant to help you out quickly. It is fine to perform minor roadside assistance on a busy road.
The new 2017 Dodge Ram 1500, Ram 2500, and Ram 3500 are great choices for adamant truck lovers, those looking to upgrade their current truck, or those that need to trade in their less powerful vehicle for a truck to answer their lifestyle and job. Holistically, each Ram includes a 5-year diesel 100,000 mile warranty, so if you decide to buy a new Ram, you’ll be covered.
The 1500 has multiple rims to choose from, so it is customizable and can be tweaked to fit whatever your needs or personality wants in a truck. With max towing 10,650 pounds, generous leg room, and comfortable interiors, the Ram 1500 has the sophistication and durability to get the job done. It also has all the bells and whistles, such a rearview camera, a park assist system, and an 8.4 inch touchscreen in the cockpit. Compared to the Ram 2500 and 3500, it may be small, but it sure packs a powerful punch. It’s modest size is also the only half-ton truck that comes with a diesel engine. If that is important to you, but you don’t need a truck that is too large, the Ram 1500 should work great.
Need some extra power for towing? The Ram 2500 comes with max towing 17,980 pounds! 410 Horsepower, 5.7L Hemi V8 engine, and all the luxury of Dodge interiors make the Ram 2500 an exceptional choice for the work you need to get done. Are you looking for a heavy duty truck that has the highest durability but the sophistication you need? Think Auto-Level Air Suspension, Remote keyless stop n’ go, and a double stacked center console with a leather lid. The Ram 2500 is the best choice if you need more power than everyday activities, or if you plan to haul more than a couple items of furniture or wood. Hauling a RV trailer is a great example of the weight capable of the Ram 2500.
Dodge’s Ram models for 2017 have exceeded expectations in the 3500 with up to 31,210 pounds diesel towing capacity, a legendary 6.4L Hemi V8 engine, and an efficient 6-speed automatic transmission that deliver the most rugged performance in any condition. This truck is absolutely huge, and what it can tow is even greater. There is 900 diesel torque, 7,390 pounds of max gas payload, and 410 horsepower. With exterior features such as the Rambox cargo management system and a durable design and interior features that are sleek and innovative, the Ram 3500 is the ultimate choice for work and off-duty endeavors.
Are you in need of a great new radio for your semi truck or farm tractor? There are many options and many features available. A new radio can be as simple as AM/FM with clock display, or it can include features such as Bluetooth for hands-free cellular communication, SiriusXM satellite radio, and even weather-band for those who’s work day is affected by the weather.
When it’s time to replace a semi truck radio many people often worry about the wiring. This is an important first step of course. The critical part however is you do not cut the wires. There is no need to cut into factory wiring in any big rig just to replace the radio. What most drivers and or maintenance personnel will quickly realize is that unlike a car stereo, all of the wiring behind the radio in a semi truck are white or gray, or a combination of both colors. This type of wiring is not very intuitive, meaning that it is impossible to identify which wires are speaker wires and which are power wires without using a special tool called a multimeter. Even with this tool it is still not recommended to cut and splice wires.
The next and maybe most important aspect to consider is quality. What’s the point in replacing the radio with an aftermarket radio which performs poorly and is most likely sure to fail in a short period of time? Conditions in a semi truck are not the same as those in cars and other passenger vehicles so using an off the shelf super store aftermarket radio is absolutely not recommended. We’ve all learned that doing a job right the first time means you won’t have to do it a second time.
The best radios for semi trucks are of the heavy-duty variety manufactured by Delphi and Panasonic. Many times these stereos will accept the wiring connector placed in model year 2005 and newer semis by the manufacturer whether it be Freightliner, International, Kenworth, Mack, Peterbilt, Volvo or Western Star. Trucks and tractors who’s model year is 2004 and earlier will likely require a wiring adapter, but still no cutting and splicing will be required. Simply connect the adapter to the truck wire connector and plug the adapter into the new radio. When you purchase one of these heavy-duty Delphi or Panasonic radios it will include a tool to easily remove the existing radio. This tool should be kept in a safe place for future use.
When purchasing one of these Delphi or Panasonic radios from your dealership the cost will be significant. While shopping online means that you won’t have the new radio in your hands today, it also means huge savings on the exact same equipment. There are a few online shops that do a lot with Delphi and Panasonic truck radios so they can save you a pile of cash and can guarantee a proper fit, as well as retention of steering wheel and sleeper controls.